Dog cheesecake with strawberry coulis recipe
For the crust :
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil
- ½ tsp honey
For the cheesecake:
- 1 cup low fat cottage cheese
- ½ plain greek yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1-2 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp whole wheat flour
For the strawberry coulis:
- 1 cup defrosted strawberries
- Fresh berries to decorate ( blueberries, strawberries or raspberries)
- Preheat the oven at 350F.
- Grease muffin tin with coconut oil.
- Pulse all the crust ingredients together in a food processor.
- Press firmly into the muffin pan.
- Bake the crust for 8-12 minutes.
- Blend the cottage cheese in the food processor until the curds are all smoothed out.
- Add the rest of the ingredients for the cheesecake and pulse until well blended.
- Pour the cheesecake batter into the muffin tin above the crust.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Let it cool completely on the counter and then put it in the fridge to chill for a couple of hours.
- Blend the strawberries in the food processor.
- Add on top of the cheesecake with some fresh berries just before serving.
Voila! Isn’t that the cutest dog treat you’ve ever seen? Let us know in the comments below if your dog loved it as much as mine and don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter for more pawesome Frenchie tips and tricks!